10. Smokey’s Saloon in all around Seoul: You can find Smokey’s Saloon everywhere. I know there is one near Itaewon as well as Yeoksam. The place is a bit pricy but they have a very large selection. Most of the burgers are too salty and WAY too big. Most taste like crap but I have to say the “Ambulance Burger” is by far the best. Think of an all-american breakfest turned into a cheeseburger. The hashbrown inside makes the burger delicious. Very high in calories tho. Eat at your own risk.
9. Triple O’s in Apgujung: The only thing that is worth getting is the BC Burger Platter. It comes with the best coleslaw in Korea. The place is very clean and it seems too elegant to be a burger joint. The burgers alone might not make the top 10 but because they have such great sides that it is worth a try. The burger is going to taste extra special with a tall glass of blueberry milkshake. Yummy.
8. Beer O’ Clock in Itaewon: This place is a great place to take a date. It is clean and not too crowded. This place might have the best BBQ sauce in Korea. It is not too sweet and not too thick… it is JUST right. However the burgers have way too much Mayo. Don’t get me wrong…I love sauce but too much will make bites number 7-8 really gross. The menu and the burgers themselves might be too simple for some, but they taste great. Phone number 02-333-9733
7. Thunder Burger in Karisukgil: The burgers are simple. Meat, cheese, bread, and a few veggies. The meat quality makes this burger great. Very juicy and it just seems like the quality is very high. I could be wrong tho..who knows! The fries are freshly made too. Phone number 02-796-7005
6. Kraze Burger in all around Seoul: I know I know! How can you like this “Korean style” burger. To tell you the truth this place is really really good. The place is clean and you can find a Kraze 15 minutes from ANYWHERE. Now it makes it to #6 based on one burger and one burger only…the K-Onion! This burger is SOOO good. From the wheat bread to the onion rings to the bacon, and the sweet tangy BBQ sauce…mmmmm. They also have a pretty decent chili.
5. Chili King in Itaewon: The good news…the chili is the best chili you will find in Korea. The bad news. It is impossible to eat this burger without getting angry. It gets all over your hands and drips everywhere. You actually have to eat it with a knife and a fork….no burger should be eaten with a knife and a fork. PERIOD! Tell them to go easy on the chili…but why would you when the price will be the same. Here is my advice. Get about 75% of the chili out and just leave it on your plate. Eat the burger and order a side of fries and have yourself some chili fries. Phone number 02-795-1303
4. Bistro Corner in Itaewon: Itaewon again!! Do not go to Wolfhound Pub, the meat sucks and it is just too expensive. Also the burgers are just too big…almost like you are just eating meat. Come to Bistro corner…it is WAY better. The place is very clean and the burgers are very simple. They have the sweetest sauces and the burger sizes are just right. Think of IN-AND-OUT and take it down 3 levels. WHICH IS STILL AWESOME! Phone number 02-792-9282
3. Daily Kings in Bundang (Jeongja): Have you ever seen the movie Pulp Fiction? Jack Rabbit Slim’s is to America as Daily Kings is to Korea. This place is a MUST SEE. It looks fantastic…but will the burgers be good too?? Hell Yea!! The chili burger was awesome and their menu had many different kinds of burgers. The meat was a little bit dry so that is the reason why I would recommend the chili burger. To be honest Pulp Fiction has a special place in my heart so maybe the setting bumped it up a few spots.
2. Jacoby’s Burger in Haedangchon: Very Big…The biggest burger I have ever seen! You can not eat this like a traditional burger. The cool thing about this place is that you can make your own burger. So like Burger King you can have it your way. The place might have the best onion rings in Seoul. Great place for side dishes as well. Personally I am not a big fan of insanly big burgers which is why it is not #1 on my list.
1. Brooklyn Burger Joint in Seorae (Express Bus Terminal): The best burger in Korea…period. The grease runs down the burger like liquid butter..mmmmm. The classic burger…how a burger should be, before the world ruined it with accessories. Come here and get a fantastic cheeseburger, fries, and a milkshake….finished…enough said.