Top 10 Italian Restaurants in Seoul. Who says you can’t find good quality Italian restaurants in Seoul, South Korea? Korean love Italian food and it shows. These restaurants in Seoul are a good bet when your craving some Italian food.
10. CAFE IMA in Jongno: 139 Sejong-no, Jongno-gu. This Italian restaurant in Seoul, has “pure” Italian food. Everything seems fresh. Nothing is spectacular, but everything is decent. The pastas might be the best on the menu. You must try the apple pie when you go there. However this place gets way too crowded. Expect to wait a very long time if you go during lunch hours.
9. ANDREA in Namdaemun: 9/F, 130, 2 ga, Namdaemun-Ro, Jung-Gu. This Italian restaurant in Seoul has very fresh ingrediants. I am not really sure if they are fresh, but they look fresh! Their salads look so clean that it just looks like they went to the market that day. Great pastas! However you have to try the beef tenderlion, it is so juicy! A great compliment with your pasta.
8. CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN in Bundang (Seohyeon): This place is just like the CPK back home. I love this place because of the price and certain dishes. Now I am not saying the restaurant itself deserves to be in the top ten. But the few dishes they have bump it all the way up to #8. As far as Italian foods go…come here for maybe the best pasta you will eat. It is called the Kung Pao Spaghetti. Get it with shrimp and your mouth will love you. Also they have the best salad I have ever tasted. The BBQ chicken Salad. SOOO GOOD! Visit the Korean California Pizza Kitchen to grub on some good Cali style pizza in Korea.
7. IL CIPRIANI in Apgujeong: 62-12 Nonhyun-Dong, Gangnam-Gu. This Italian Restaurant in Seoul is super expensive. So if you have the money to spare go here and try their wonderful pastas and salads. The place is spacious and the dishes are simple and clean. Also the pastas are not too spicy. I don’t like a lot of spice in my pastas. They have this fantastic Walnut Bread that they make fresh everyday. It is great! Pound for Pound this place has the best wine list EVER! Phone number: 82-02-540-4646.
6. PRIMO BACIO BACI in Hongdae: Mapo-gu, Seongyo-dong 346-47. This Italian restaurant in Seoul is famous for their cream pasta in a bread casing. So you eat the pasta then later eat your bowl! Kinda like the clam chowder dishes we have back in the states. Also try the free garlic bread with garlic sauce. SO good but they give you so little…so sad. The Italian dishes here are not really “real” Italian so you are warned…however they taste fantastic. After your meal get the Mango Sherbert. Phone number: 02-323-0098.
5. LA TAVOLA in Itaewon: 123-33 Itaewon, Yongsan-Gu. This Italian restaurant was one of the first Italian restaurants in Seoul. They stayed around based on the strength of their pasta. They are also famous for their pizzas which are cooked in a wooden oven. So the pizzas come out very crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. You must get the thin crust pizzas which are to die for! One of the best restaurants in Seoul. Phone number: 793-6144.
4. ANNA BINI in Chungdam: 89-1, Chungdam-gu, Gangnam-gu. This Italian restaurant is a great place to bring a date. The patio is huge and so beautiful. This is a very hip place so expect to see a lot of young people here. Try the chicken diavola and most importantly get the three-color pasta. This place might be a little high on the list but I love going to this place because of all the hot young college girls that go there. The price is very reasonable too. Phone number: 82-2-511-4117.
3. J AND F TRATTORIA in Gwanak-gu (Seoul National University Exit 2): This Italian restaurant is a must go in Seoul. The food is made fresh EVERYDAY! For example the chef will cook a certain amount of Tiramisu for that day and that is all. So whatever you get here will be made with ingredients gotten from that day. Try the prosciutto or the arugula pizza which is crispy yet soft. Phone number 02-887-2825
2. SORTINO in Itaewon: 736-11 Hannam-Dong. I know you are shocked and annoyed that this is not number one on the list. If you have lived in Seoul for over a year, most likely you have been to Sortino which might be the best Italian restaurant in Seoul. They have Italian chefs cooking in the back which is a good sign. This place has the best Caesar Salads and their risottos are always solid. However the dishes to get here are the Spaghetti alla Santino and any of their pizzas. Overall very solid. Phone number: 02-797-0488.
1. ANTONIO in Cheongdam: This place is all about “real, pure, basic” Italian food. They even bring flour from Italy. Their chef is very famous and the dishes are to die for. Guess what…the prices are very reasonable. Three dishes you have to try once you get here: Linguine with clams, Penne Putenesca, and Whole sea salt Encrusted Sea Bass. People know this place and everyone I talked to has high praises for this restaurant. Phone number: 3443-4333.