10) RAW in Gangnam: This Japanese restaurant in Seoul is near Kyobo Tower. The Japanese Ramen bowls are HUGE! This place is known for their rolls but their ramen is not half bad. They put corn in it and being from the states…I love corn! Also in Gangnam you are not going to find a better ramen place. There were some smaller ramen houses in Gangnam but they all ran out of business. Since Raw sells other kinds of Japanese food, they will be hanging around for a long time. Phone number 3482-4554.
9) LE A in Yeoksam: 814-6 Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea. Very good Japanese Ramen house. They have a lot of side dishes and the seafood sampler is great if you are not into ramen that day. The ramen itself is nothing special however because of all the other goodies you can get, it is worth checking out. Phone number 02-561-4997
8. TUM SAE RAMEN in Myeongdong: This Japanese Restaurant is near the Cinus Movie Theater. The place looks terrible! It is coverd in notes. It looks like you are in a serial killer’s basement. Notes and notes everywhere. But you don’t go there for that stuff…you go there for the Japanese Ramen. If you like spice, this ramen is awesome. After I ate it I felt like this would 100% be in the top 10, however after I went home and had a massive poop explosion…. it got knocked down 3 spots. Very spicy so you have been warned.
7) AJIMOTO in Sinchon: Near Ehwa Women’s University. 56-27 Daehyeon-dong, Seodaemun-gu. This Japanese restaurant in Seoul is the place to go for the college kids. I go there personally for the ladies! This place gets packed! The lines get very very long during lunch time. Standing in line is the best way to meet the college chicks. The taste??? Who cares!!! Are you going there for the food or the girls?? The girls make the Japanese noodles taste extra juicy…Phone number 02-313-0817
6) KOKO-RO RAMEN in Sinsadong: Near Hyundai Department Store. This Japanese Restaurant might have the most flavor of them all. It is as if they put a pig in a pot and boiled it for months…Some might say that they went a little overboard with the pork flavor. To be honest it tasted great but after I ate it…I didn’t want to eat another one…for a while. However if you love pork then move this up a few spots. Phone number 02-335-3422
5) YUTARO in Bundang: 260-4 Seohyeon-dong, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si. Gyeonggi-do. They are famous for their ONE type of ramen called Donkotsu Ramen. This is the ramen to get and it got them to #5 on the list. The ramen tastes great and the soup flavor is not too strong. The veggies are fresh and a great compliment to the hot broth. One problem…do you really want to travel all the way to Seohyeon for this?? I say no. Don’t get me wrong, it tastes great but not worth the 45 min plus travel time.
4) FURUSATO in Myeongdong: 33-5 Myeongdong 2 (i)-ga Jung-gu. Have you ever noticed that all the Japanese people flock to Myeongdong…so you would think they would have great Japanese Ramen shops…and they DO! This Japanese Ramen restaurant is awesome. Everything is imported straight from Japan. The noodles, beef, veggies, and etc….The taste is a bit different and the reason is that it is as close to real Japanese Ramen you are ever going to get. However this place is a bit pricy, 9000 won for ramen is NOT cheap. I would recommend you sit on the counter because the chefs are really friendly and you get to SEE your ramen getting made. Phone number 02-771-0147
3) HAKATABUNKKO in Hongdae: Near Sangsu Station. 93-28 Sangsu-dong, Mapo-gu. The look of the Japanese Ramen is not great. It is cloudy and almost looks like aged milk… However the taste is fantastic. I feel it is better than FURUSATO because of how much garlic they put inside it. I LOVE GARLIC! You will have a hard time beating this ramen, however the second time I went it, it was not as good. So consistantcy might be a problem. Phone number 02-338-8545
2) NAGOMI RAMENin Hongdae: 335-8 Seongyo-dong, Mapo-gu. This ramen is so good that it won this big Ramen Contest. I forgot the name of it but you can see the awards on the wall. So even before I ate it…the build up got me excited. Guess what! It lived up to the hype. Great Ramen! Simple yet tasty. Also at night this place becomes a bar so it gets loud and fun! Everyone goes to Hongdae to party…this Ramen is the best pre-party meal and the best part is that you can pre-drink right there! One of the top Japanese Ramen Restaurants in Seoul. Phone number 02-324-8545
1) 81 BANYA RAMEN in Itaewon: Near Cheil Building. This was a very hard decision. NAGAMI is great and so is this. However this is the best Japanese Ramen Restaurant in Seoul. The Japanese Ramen at 81 is just like the ramen you will find in Japan. So you don’t have to fly to Japan for their Ramen because this place got it down perfect. This place is fun, hip, and very friendly. If you order the Kitchen Sink Bowl and eat it in 20 minutes….you get something…I forgot what. The reason this is #1 is because unlike all the rest, this place goes back to the roots of Japanese Ramen. Phone number 02-792-2233