10. LE TRE CAMPANE in Hongdae: If you are looking for some good stone baked pizza restaurants in Seoul you need to check out this place. They use a huge stone oven and make the pizzas so the cheese turns a dark orange. Be careful because the pizzas here tend to get cold pretty fast. Once the pizzas go past a certain point they were very rubbery. I think overall the pizzas were good but they need to be more crispy. Also the tomato sauce is not sweet enough. Phone number: 02-336-3378.
9. SUNG SHIN JE in Myoungdong: You are looking for pizza restaurants in Seoul right? Well since you are in Seoul might as well try some….kimchi pizza. Yea I know you think that is gross. But think about it…Americans put some strange stuff in pizzas too…I heard of fish and peanut butter….now THAT is gross. This place is the poster shop for “Korean” pizza. They even have a bulgogi pizza. To be honest they were not that bad. You have to try it before you leave Korea. They have a nice crust to the pizzas as well. Live dangerously!
8. COSTCO in Yangjae: This place is just like home. They are huge and they taste great! The price is very reasonable. Pound for pound, Costco pizza might be the best pizza you can get in Korea. I never heard anyone say Costco pizza sucks. I always get the pepperoni and add the raw onions which are free.
7. PAPA JOHNS in Seoul: This place is everywhere and everyone seems to love it…however I feel it is way too cheesy and the sause is way too sweet. Also I am not a big fan of the crust. I am not saying it tastes bad, it tastes great actually but after once slice the taste level drops with every bite.
6. DOMINOS in Seoul: I never liked Dominos. Ever since I was a kid I thought Pizza Hut was far and away the better pizza chain. Dominos just sucked. Even today I would agree….however they have one pizza that pushed Dominos to be number six on shikdang.com. That pizza is….thin crust pepperoni…OMG….this is the best pepperoni in Seoul. I love it. It is so simple and crispy and oily. It reminds you of the pizzas you had at lunch time at school but multiply it by 5. Also because it is so thin….you don’t feel full or get sick of it. Every single bite tastes awesome. Thank you thin crust pepperoni…you just saved Dominos ass.
5. PIZZA HUT in Seoul: The last of the fast food pizza restaurants in Seoul. The major difference between Pizza Hut and the other chains is their crust. The pan crust can not be beat. It tastes so good, that I actually eat the crust. Other then the thin crust pepperoni, I usually don’t eat the crust. But the Pizza Hut crust is so good! You know what I am talking about….the oil and the grease just makes the crust extra extra crispy.
4. SORTINO in Itaewon: 736-11 Hannam-Dong. People come here for the pasta and other dishes but they have a wide selection of great pizzas too. They have Italian chefs cooking in the back which is a good sign. What makes this place so great is that they have a huge selection of pizzas, so if you don’t like one style you can order something else. You will find the one you like…trust me. Overall very solid. Phone number: 02-797-0488.
3. DIMATTEO in Dongsoong: 1-141 Dongsoong-dong, Seoul. This place is run by Italians which is the reason why it tastes so real. They have Italians cooking in the back and Italians in the front. You can even see the pizzas being made. The show alone is worth going there. Go for the show and stay for the food. They have great service and the pizzas come out surprisingly quickly. It can get crowded so you must get there early. This place is one of the best places to come for pizza. There are a lot of pizza restaurants in Seoul but the fact that the Italians bring their special touch to it makes this place #3 on the list. Phone number: 82-2-747-4444.
2. THE PIZZA PEEL in Itaewon: 34-65 Itaewon dong- Youngson-gu. This pizza restaurant in Seoul has Neopolitan style pizzas that are cooked in a traditional oven. When you go here you must order the thin crust pizzas which are to die for. My recommendation would be to get the Hawaiian pizza which is super juicy and the ham is not too rich in flavor. Also try the pepperoni or the BBQ chicken, both are excellent. Pizza Peel proves that Koreans still have respect for their pizza even if you see this.
1. LA TAVOLA in Itaewon: 123-33 Itaewon, Yongsan-Gu. This Italian restaurant was one of the first Italian restaurants in Seoul. They are famous for their pizzas which are cooked in a wooden oven. So the pizzas come out very crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside. The sauce is not too sweet and they put the right amount of cheese. You know when you bite into a pizza and you have to use your teeth to cut the cheese….that is not good! Half the cheese should not fall on your plate. This place knows exactly how much ingredients to put into every pizza. You must get the thin crust pizzas which are to die for! Phone number: 793-6144.