These are my picks for top 10 restaurants in Apgujeong dong, Seoul, Korea.
10. DAN SUSHI – This is the best Japanese restaurant in Seoul that uses the rotating table setup to serve their sushi. You come in and you sit down and just start eating. Dishes go around in a circle and the prices are all different. You have to look at the color of the dishes to see which ones are cheap and which ones are expensive. Dan Sushi is as best as you can get. They have this cooked beef on rice which is awesome and their salmon with this cream white sauce is delicious. It could get expensive because the food is right there for you to grab and before you know it you have 30-40 plates on your table!
9. TRIPLE O’S – This place is a nice change of pace from your average burger place. However the only thing that is worth getting is the BC Burger Platter where you get a bit of everything. It comes with the best coleslaw in Korea. The place is very clean and it seems too elegant to be a burger joint. The burgers alone are not great but because they have such great sides that it is worth a try. The burger is going to taste extra special with a tall glass of blueberry milkshake. Yummy. All in all one of my favorite burger restaurants in Seoul.
8. BUTTER FINGER PANCAKES – 88-9 Cheongdam-dong. This place is expanding like craxy. Which means only one thing…this place is awesome! Huge portions! However the price is over the top. I think I actually paid 9,000 won for orange juice here. They have many drinks from the states like Dr. Pepper and Ginger Ale but I would pass on any drinks here because they are just too expensive. They have a huge breakfest menu, one of the biggest, if not THEE biggest selection you can find in Seoul. I would try their omelets or make your own by ordering many different kinds of sides. They have great clam chowders and beef stews. Also their french toast is worth trying as well. I heard they have another chain in Seohyeon (Bundang). I would recommend you order the mash potatoes with gravy if you are going as a group of 4 or more….it is huge! Also if you are not a huge breakfast lover try their salads…they are served in a HUGE bowl. Phone number 02-3448-1070.
7. LES BAUX – 642-26 Sinsa-dong: This French Restaurant in Seoul is the perfect place to take a date. They have private rooms so you can get a bit more intimate if you know what I mean. Also they have the best bread! I know that is nothing to scream about but when I tried it, I said to myself that it might have been the best bread I have ever tasted in Korea…and no I was not high at the time. Try it for yourself. However when you say the bread is their best thing…that doesn’t say much about the restaurant, which was still good….but not great! They had a fine breakfast selection and their best dish might be Crepe au Banana. This place is known for their French breakfast dishes…but really how great can breakfast really get?? Phone number 010-6353-0901.
6. ORIENTAL SPOON – 647-24 Sinsa-dong: This Asian Fusion restaurant in Seoul is pretty great. They outside is very clean as well as inside. They have food mainly from Thailand and China. So you can order Pho and pinapple fried rice. Both very delicious. I would recommend the tom yang goong from Thailand, nasi goreng from Indonesia, and the cha gio from Vietnam. This place has a huge selection of different kinds of noodles and it is impossible to try everything in a week. A great place if you are looking for flavorful food for low prices. Phone number 02-512-0916.
5. IL CIPRIANI – 62-12 Nonhyun-Dong, Gangnam-Gu. This Italian Restaurant in Seoul is super expensive. So if you have the money to spare or if you are trying to impress your gold digging date go here and try their wonderful pastas and salads. The place is spacious and the dishes are simple and clean. Also the pastas are not too spicy. I don’t like a lot of spice in my pastas. However the dishes will not fill you up which is a shame considering you are paying a lot of money for it. They have this fantastic Walnut Bread that they make fresh everyday. It is great! Pound for Pound this place has the best wine list EVER! Phone number: 82-02-540-4646.
4. ON THE BORDER – Gangnam-gu Sinsadong 660-17. This Mexican restaurant in Seoul is expanding every year. This is a huge family mexican restaurant. The menu is big as well. The restaurant itself is big as well, therefore you will not have to wait long before you are seated. The servings are for Americans…huge portions! The taste is good as well, however after your 16th bite you kinda get sick of it real fast. This place has really good fajitas and everyone in the restaurant will know you ordered it because it is crazy loud when they bring it out. This place might have the best margaritas in Seoul. Come here if you are hungry and bring a friend.
3. GORILLA IN THE KITCHEN – 650 Sinsa-dong. This restaurant in Apgujeong is owned by a famous actor named Bae Yong Joon. He is a huge star in Korean Dramas. I was wondering why there were so many Japanese girls here….now I know why. This place is very different from your average restaurant. This place is all about your health. They use no butter or cream and NOTHING is fried. The strangest part of all is that they give each customer a physical examination before and after your meal. Just in case you are wondering…NO you do not have to get naked…unless you want to…So having said all that you would think that the food will taste like cardboard….WRONG…it tastes very good and very refreshing…clean and healthy. I would recommend the lean meat steak sandwich…delicious. Phone number 02-3442-1688
2. ZEN HIDE AWAY – 645-18 Sinsa-dong, Gangnamgu. This place might be the best Thai restaurant in Seoul to go on a date. The decor is excellent and the place just seems really fancy and expensive. The price is very decent for the quality and qauntity of food. However this place is not your tradiitoinal Thai restaurant. This is more of a fusion restaurant (Korean/Chinese/ Japanese). The lemon chicken was awesome, however the last time I went they seem to have changed the name of it and their curry dishes were good as well. I would recommend the yellow curry.
1. HANILKWAN – 619-4 Sinsa-dong. This place as been the staple for Korean BBQ since 1939. If you are looking for the best Galbitang (beef soup) in Seoul you have come to the right place. The prices are very reasonable and there are so many side dishes. I would also recommend the bulgogi and the nyeongmyeon (cold noodles). Everyone who lives near Apgujeong comes here to eat that includes, singers, actors, and even presidents…So who knows you might run into I.U. or even Lee Myung Bak. You will this Korean BBQ restaurant. Phone number 02-732-3735.